Well, the D23 Expo 2011 has come and gone. We spent the last week talking about, and sharing pictures from, our favorite parts of the two days we spent there, and we figured what better way to wrap it up than with our first ever Days In The Park giveaway!
We've been planning a giveaway for a while now, and have been collecting items here and there and we're ready to roll. Not only was it the end of D23 though, but we've hit several milestones with our blog in recent months and this is our way of saying "Thank You!" to everyone who has made it happen. We recently crossed the 300 "Likes" threshold on our Facebook Page (and are poised to hit 400 any day now), and we crossed the 1,000 followers mark on our Twitter account as well. We stand amazed at all the encouragement and reads we've had over the last several months, and we appreciate each and every person who's walked through our virtual doors and listened to what we had to say. As long as people keep reading, we're going to keep writing; and giving stuff away.
So here's what we have for you guys in our first "Thank You" prize-pack:
- Stitch Plush complete with a keychain from one of our favorite attractions at the Disneyland Resort; Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- An Annual Passholder-only Vinylmation featuring the new Disney California Adventure Park attraction Goofy's Sky School
- The official guidebook we received for the D23 Expo which highlighted the entire weekend's worth of activities
- An official Lion King 3D orange headband (complete with orange faux fur!) which all the participants who saw the movie received (and let us tell you, we saw a lot of these at Disneyland this weekend so we can only assume they're quite popular)
- And best of all, A Disney Store Vinylmation celebrating the Store's 25th anniversary, which was only available at the Expo, and included a limited edition pin celebrating the Store's 25th anniversary as well
So there you have our first giveaway items! We think it's a fun little pack with something for everyone: the kiddies with the plush, the collectors with the Vinylmation, and the hardcore "we collect anything Disney" with some of our D23 swag.
Here's what you need to do to enter:
1) Follow us on Twitter (@DaysInThePark) and leave us a comment here with your first name and Twitter ID and let us know you're following us on Twitter
2) "Like" us on our Facebook Fan Page and leave us a comment here with your first name and let us know you're following us on Facebook
1) If you have a site or blog of your own, link to us here at http://www.daysinthepark.com and let us know! We've even made it easy for you with a button at the top of our page you can use and make it look all fancy! Then leave us an extra comment here with your first name, Twitter ID and the address of your site or blog.
You will recieve ONE entry for each comment that you leave us for each item completed, for up to THREE entries max. Our giveaway will run until Monday, Sept. 12, 2011 at 11:59PM-PST. We will hold a drawing for the winner on Tuesday morning the 13th using random.org, and will announce the winner here on our blog as well as on our Facebook page, and contact the winner at that point.
IMPORTANT! - Please be sure to leave a SEPARATE COMMENT for each item that you complete, so you are assured you receive all of the entries that you are entitled to.
Again, you guys are why we do this. We love writing, and we love carrying people along with us on adventures. We just can't say "thank you" enough, but we can sure try. Let the entering begin!
All of the items used in the above "prize pack" were chosen for the giveaway, and procured for the giveaway, by us. We either paid for the items ourselves, or snatched them out of the "freebie" lines at the D23 Expo, because we're cool like that.